My Daddy gave this poem book to me for my Birthday years ago.
It is one of my favorite books, of course.
I read and reread the verses held within, as you can tell from the very worn binding.
This was my very first poem book.
And just look who's selection of verses it held!
This illustration accompanied the poem "General Store". I memorized this and many
of the others. Check out the little dog eyeing the perched cat;).
One of my very favorites...."The Village Blacksmith" by Longfellow.
Such an inspirational poem.
My *elder* sis, Aunt C, likes this one. "The Hens". Author, Elizabeth Madox Roberts.
Shhhhhhh, can you hear them? I wonder what they are saying?
Of this illustration I am simply reminded of my Mother's three girls;).
Tasha Tudor was a wonderful artist. I am so very thankful for this little poem book, the only
(material) gift I remember receiving from just my Daddy.
I wish I could sit and read it with him now.
Blessings to Tasha's family as they remember her on this day.
lil sis




One of my very favorite artists and authors as well. Sweet memories! Next time I am home, let's read some together.
ReplyDeleteAunt C
What? You didn't post a pic of my favorite page :(
ReplyDeleteSweetie your page is too dark;)Besides I was just checking to see if you were still alive! :)
ReplyDeleteHi Karen,
ReplyDeleteThank you for visiting my blog , thought I would return the favor , I love the illistrations in your book of poems, so very sweet !
Karen,
ReplyDeleteThank you for the comments on my sunroom , A banquette in one corner is a good idea. Keeping that one on my list for sure !
Sharon