My cup runneth over



Sunday, April 11, 2010

A FEW OF MY *NEW* FAVORITE *OLD* THINGS


We went to one of our favorite antique places Saturday and this sweet little chick
followed me home! Momma said she needs some corn....I'll work on that;)


Then I espyed this pretty tablecloth too. It made me think of my elder sis. I told
Nellie Ruth "she probably will end up with it". I love teapots so it was not
a hard decision.

 

I also LOVE roses, especially china with a rose motif. Thus, this sweetest
of tiny *platters* caught my eye. It has a few chips that are not visible in this
photo however it has a twin that is in perfect condition.
I really don't know what I will do with them exactly but, that is how it is with
a lot of things that come home with me. I suppose I could just continue to do what
I have done so far and that is just set it out somewhere and smile when I walk by and spy it.



Well, I think I'm beoming a hugh retro fan! Doesn't this remind you
of an old country kitchen?
The final thing I came home with was
this fab tablecloth. It is really amazing because it's OVAL!!! Have you ever noticed how
scarce oval cloths are in the older selections? Well, this one was a steal and I could not resist;)!

I am enjoying all my *new* favorite *old* things! Hope you did too.
Till next time.....happy hunting:).


lil sis 


1 comment:

  1. Love all your goodies, especially the linens (but you knew I would) However did you find an oval dinette cloth??? In all my antique shopping have I ever seen one. You definitely came home with a prize! And the little teapot scarf is too sweet for words. I would say you had a very profitable day!!
    Love ya
    Elder Sis

    ReplyDelete