For those of you who may not know my family, we are *cheap* shoppers. By that I mean we like bargains. Cheap finds, if you know what I mean;). There happens to be a store known as Dirt Cheap, here in the town where I live. It's a grubby little place full of cheap (inexpensive) treasures. One might find just about anything to interest them in this little store.....but....you have to 'dig' for it:). I must confess it is not a place for everyone. Many people have told me they just cannot shop there. I don't understand that exactly...but then I am a *cheap* shopper. I like digging. Specially if it means I find that one thing, that at the time, I think I can not live without;). My daughter, who now lives in Florida, (they do not have a DC there), knows what it's all about and absolutely has to make a trip there when she comes home to visit. As well as my sister and niece who live in Louisianna (they do not have one there either). Believe me it is not uncommon , actually quite expected, to hear " well, when are we going to Dirt Cheap?". Get the four of us together in there and look out! We have so much fun! And rarely do we leave without at least a few things. All this said, today I thought I'd share my cheap finds from this Saturday's visit. Did not find what I went in search of but......well, I did leave with a few items:).

This is is perhaps the prettiest ironing board cover I've ever seen. Super thick and reversable!
It's a Laura Ashley. $3.
Hydrangeas, one of my favorite blooms.
Two more pillowshams Carolyn. These are so sweet, the picture does not capture
them very well. They are pale, pale pink with cheneille edges. The covered buttons add
to their charm. Rachel Ashwell Shabby Chic.....$2 apiece.
And then there were these wonderful sheets! In my favorite color! They are the
most beautiful color of blue! And they are *crispy*, Ashley, you know how I love that;).
It's not like I needed more sheets, but they are my weakness. And at only $12 for the set. Well...
I also picked up three little polka dot sherbets. One blue, one pink and one green. As well as
two whimsical little gnome potsitters.
I suppose this may seem an unusual post to some. We have talked about doing this though
and I took the first turn.
Now it's one of you girls next. Pull out those cheap finds and share.
I sure missed you all today. Hope you come for a visit soon.
Love,
Lil Sis
That sounds like my kind of place! I especially love the pillow covers-so pretty and such a great price too.
ReplyDeleteTake care,
Carolyn
Oh, I am green with envy....I love the ironing board cover and you know how much I love linens of any kind! The blue sheets remind me of the set I got there, as a matter of fact, they are on my bed as I write. Can't wait until our next visit!
ReplyDeleteLove Ya
Carolyn