December 13! How is it that December seems to pass so much faster than any other month of the year? Well, at least it seems to when you reach a certain age. I am usually further along with gift purchases and wrapping (haven't even wrapped one thing yet!). And the Martha Washington candy has yet to be started! I suppose part of it belongs to the fact that we have been visited by the stuff (nasal and respiratory yuck) that is going around and I just haven't felt like Christmas. Oh my, I hope it doesn't pass me by this year!
"It's a Wonderful Life " was on TV last night and we watched it for the first time this season. Anyone who really knows me would be suprised at that. Usually, I would have watched it at least twice by now and looking forward to a couple more viewings:). I chose to watch "Prancer" this afternoon, another of my favorites. Vern doesn't understand or should I say get it. All he can say about it is there ain't no such thing as flying reindeer. But the story is ever so much deeper than just about a flying reindeer. It is a perfect story of love and hope.
Which is what this season is truly all about.....
And she brought forth her first born Son....Luke 2:7
"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord"
Luke 2:11
Yes, this season is about much more than colored lights strung inside and out, and pretty glass balls hung on boughs of evergreen. Shopping and candy making. Christmas cards and mistletoe.
Yes, this season is ALL about Love and hope. A wee tiny babe was born of a virgin over two thousand years ago. Pure love come down from heaven to walk among man to teach and bring the Good News of hope for salvation and life everlasting!
Glory to God in the Highest and on earth peace, goodwill toward men.
From our house to yours, we wish you all a Blessed and Merry Christmas!
lil sis




Beautiful! I love your nativity and your tree. Most of all, I love your heart! A post worth waiting for.
ReplyDeletelove ya
Elder Sis