How long has it been since you went in search of a sofa? Well, as for myself I can't remember. But let me tell you it is not a piece of cake:)! Have you seen what they are building out there these days? Pillows!!! I like a comfy place to land at the end of the day, like most of you do I think. However, if I wanted to lounge amongst pillows I would just go to bed and prop myself up for a good read or look at the tube. This is the very thing I told one poor little salesman as he tried his best to show his wares. He probably was glad to see me exit that store. I just would like a normal, solid built, traditional sofa. You know the ones like they made 20 years ago. Oh, now I think I have just made a discovery! Twenty years ago....did you get that? Those sofas went the way of all those other wonderful things. You know, the things we used to count on before throw away plastic containers ( my mother hates those). Think about clothes lines, remember how good your sheets smelled? Yes, all those things which if I were to begin listing would take forever. Times change. People adapt. Life goes on. I am thankful, especially in this day and time, that love and grace(that wonderful saving grace, specially) and gratitude are things that will always be. At least with those who were fortunate to have been brought up in the way that my sisters and I were. And thankfully the way that we have brought up our own children. To be thankful for the small things. That's what makes us who we are.
Well, I kinda got off track there. But that's the way my mind works these days;). Just a lot of fluff floating around up there in my half empty head!
Wish me luck on my sofa hunting. My bum is getting tired of sitting on wood! Hum, maybe the pillows are just the thing afterall;)!
Till next time
Lil Sis
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Fabulous first post Momma! Great writing, funny comments, and a really cool header :)
ReplyDeletelove your blog...especially the header...
ReplyDeleteluv
cf